Itr4 issue

Issue: After filling loss data into ITR4 application it is still showing taxable income amount 9001/-

 

In the fiscal year 2012-13 I had a loss of 267600/- and and had lost my complete margin money  and my demat account had final debit of 267600/- into commodities trading. I do not have any other income that year.

I filed my ITR with ITR4 excel (2012_ITR4_PR11.xlsx) downloaded from ITD official website as per instructions.

I filled my basic details in "PART A - GENERAL" sheet. Than I filled only my loss amount of -267387 in 2i section of "BP" sheet.

Than I checked "PARTB - TI - TTI" sheet in which its showing tax payable amount is 9001/-.

I rcvd a mail this week and asked to pay 9500/- tax withing 30 days.

ITR4-Sheet BP

 

PARTB - TI - TTI

What possible mistake I am doing and how can I claim my loss of 267600/- to be carry forwarded to next year. OR

Do I need to pay tax on loosing money which I have actually borrowed from my mother?

I want to generate correct xml data and want to resubmit my ITR. All I need help with the calculation part.

Thanks for reading my post and your valued help!

Replies (4)

can you mail me this template on my mail id cagaurav.kaushik @ icai.org

Hi All,

I am still waiting for some response.. I just want to know where to enter the loss of working capital so that the loss can be carry forwarded in ITR(4) 139(5).

I have traded into commodities and lost all money including margin money. I just want this loss to be carry forwarded to next year as I could not find on which page I have to make entry into .xls downloaded from Income Tax  India official site.

Thanks Again!

@ Rishi Jain

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps, i guess it will solve the problem

1. After filling the general page details, go to the page marked as "Part PL" and enter the details in the coloum of no account / account as the case applicable. Make sure that the row "Profit before taxes (No. 43" in case of account maintained should be -267387 or the row of no account case (No. 51) should be -267387.

2. After you fill these details, go the page marked as "BP". Mention the amount of -267387 in section 2i as done by you earlier. 

3. After you have done this, row no. 6 and row no. 10 on the same page should be reflecting 0. This would be opposite of what your template above is showing. The row no. 41 "Profit or loss from speculative business" should be reflecting the loss amount with a negative sign.

4. Then proceed to the page marked as "Part B - TI- TTI" and check that page. The row 15 of Part B TI should be reflecting the loss amount and the rest all would be zero.

5. If everything else is ok, you can efile that return.

 

Originally posted by : Hanish Chaudhary

@ Rishi Jain

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps, i guess it will solve the problem

1. After filling the general page details, go to the page marked as "Part PL" and enter the details in the coloum of no account / account as the case applicable. Make sure that the row "Profit before taxes (No. 43" in case of account maintained should be -267387 or the row of no account case (No. 51) should be -267387.

2. After you fill these details, go the page marked as "BP". Mention the amount of -267387 in section 2i as done by you earlier. 

3. After you have done this, row no. 6 and row no. 10 on the same page should be reflecting 0. This would be opposite of what your template above is showing. The row no. 41 "Profit or loss from speculative business" should be reflecting the loss amount with a negative sign.

4. Then proceed to the page marked as "Part B - TI- TTI" and check that page. The row 15 of Part B TI should be reflecting the loss amount and the rest all would be zero.

5. If everything else is ok, you can efile that return.

 

 

 

Thanks a million Mr. Chaudhary! It worked like charm.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details