ITR filed with details under wrong head

Vishal Chaudhary (9 Points)

27 February 2024  

While filing ITR, my ITR filer added the "interest from saving bank" and "interest from deposit" and showed the total amount under column "interest from saving bank". So do I need to file an updated ITR(ITR U) or rectification request to show the respective income under correct field? Will it attract any sort of penalty? There is no additional tax here because the gross income is same as in original ITR. Just mentioned in under wrong field. The filed returns are from FY 21-22 and 22-23