ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is service tax registration required?

Abhilash (Managing Director) (26 Points)

18 January 2012  

Hi, I am an individual technical proffesional.

I am providing technilcal services to UK.

I was not very much aware of the service tax rules, but was knowing that Export of service is exempted.

However this financial year, the income has exceeded 10,00,000 INR. Should I get a service tax registration.

Also I have already billed for the same amount and the amount has been credited to my account. Will there be any fees for delaying the service tax registration?

Please suggest.

13 Replies

Prasad (Sr. Manager) (617 Points)
Replied 18 January 2012

Hi

In my Opinion it is better for you to have a service tax registration. If you have had only export turnover and India turnover below the exemption limit there is no need to worry on the fees / charges / pentaly.

Since you are exporter you could claim refunds to service tax which you have paid bills of your vendors (subject to applicablity). Hence my suggestion is to have yourself / company registered for Service tax.

Regards

Prasad

Replied 18 January 2012

Thanks Prasad, For the quick reply.

So There is nothing to worry for delay in registration right?

Prasad (Sr. Manager) (617 Points)
Replied 18 January 2012

Yes and the process of registration is also simple, most part of it can be done online.

Replied 18 January 2012

Great. I will go with registartion ASAP.

Thanks again.

santhosh kumar (article student) (79 Points)
Replied 18 January 2012

yes you have to register under service tax.

first you have to register as service tax assesse and you need to claim exemption in the return

Naveen C. Bisht (Tax Consultant) (71 Points)
Replied 31 January 2012

first you have to register as service tax assesse and you need to claim exemption in the return

Naveen C. Bisht (Tax Consultant) (71 Points)
Replied 31 January 2012

rahul (patnerr) (34 Points)
Replied 26 May 2012

i am doing job work for a limited company who have given me place in their premises.

These jobs are send under excise challan 4(5)(a) only. after the jobwork the same are returned to them.(no other party work is done) Annually less than 1.5 cr is the turnover .

Should i take a service tax regsiration number ? ( the service tax will be nil always as they are sending under 4(5)(a) and clearing on payment of excise only.

Thanks 
Rahul 

rahul (patnerr) (34 Points)
Replied 26 May 2012

i am doing job work for a limited company who have given me place in their premises.

These jobs are send under excise challan 4(5)(a) only. after the jobwork the same are returned to them.(no other party work is done) Annually less than 1.5 cr is the turnover .

Should i take a service tax regsiration number ? ( the service tax will be nil always as they are sending under 4(5)(a) and clearing on payment of excise only.

Thanks 
Rahul 

CA Manish Choudhary (CA) (26 Points)
Replied 26 May 2012

how many ca selected in campous mach 2012...????

FinsQ (service provider) (54 Points)
Replied 27 May 2012

Redister and fill half year return... with nil tax liability,,,,!!!

1 Like

Shenba Associates (Partner) (115 Points)
Replied 16 July 2012

@ Rahul

In your case as far as my concern is service tax registration is mandatory for your enterprises. Since your service is applicable for Service Tax and exepmt from tax. However there is no penalty for registration for your case. Because your service is exempt from tax.......

Ajit kumar Dubey (Taxation Manager) (637 Points)
Replied 17 July 2012

Originally posted by : rahul

Thanks 
Rahul 

No service tax registration is required in your case. As your taxable turnover has not crossed Rs 9lac you are not required to take registration under Service Tax Rules, 1994.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register