Information seeking within the accounting space

Anushka Shetty (1 Points)

01 April 2019  

Hello all! I am currently working as a product researcher for a knowledge sharing platform and doing some research for my work. We are thinking of introducing a professional community tool in our application, where people can ask and answer questions relating to their work. We are planning on including a community for CAs and I was hoping to ask you all some questions:

1. Do you often have questions related to your work / profession that can be answered by other people in your field?

2. How do you usually resolve these questions? Where do you go to find that information? (eg: personal contacts, whatsapp groups, organizations, or other online / offline methods)

3. Imagine being part of a community of other people in the same profession as you.What do you think about this? How helpful would this be for your career?

4. What would you use this community for?

5. Are you already part of such communities?  (eg: online / offline, whatsapp, organizations, colleagues, their personal networks etc)

6. Could you please name them?

7. How has your experience been with these communities?

I would love to hear your responses to these questions! Your answers will help us to understand how to design this community and create a positive information searching experience for CAs around the world!