Incometax return for oldest year

Hi Team,

I need your cordial support on one of the unethical practices by CA,

The CA advised me, he will file return for me for the year 2012 to 2020 and asked me to pay Rs 3000 penalty for each year and Rs 500 his charges for each year and in total he asked me to pay Rs 24000 penalty for 8 years and around 4500 his charges for 9 years. in total I paid him 28500. and he filled my ITR for 2020-2021 with the total return of 128000. but I only got refund of tax I paid only for 2020-2021.

now I came to know, it requires condonation request to claim for older year.

I believe this CA has cheated with me and now he is saying,I will get the remaining amount in installments.

kindly suggest me what should I do on this. should I inform this to ICAI or filed a criminal proceedings

please help
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
A user is seeking advice after their Chartered Accountant allegedly advised them to pay significant penalties and fees to file income tax returns for past years (2012-2020). The user suspects they have been overcharged and potentially defrauded, as they only received a refund for the most recent year filed. They are asking for guidance on whether to report the CA to the ICAI or pursue criminal proceedings.

Asked him to provide the filed documents of old year,
for further m s g me
Sure. Thank so much

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details