Income tax notice for non filing of itr

Hello All

One of my friend has only income from salary. He was issued form 16 by his employer but did not file the return for AY 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. Now he has received IT notice for the same. Please help, what should be done now.

Thanks

If his/her income is below five lakh as per income tax notification no need to file return of income. For below five lakhs form 16 is enough. But this exemption is for Ay 11-12 and 12-13. You have to explanation for ay 10-11 and if income is more than five lakhs explanation to be given for years specified. And also if income is below exemption limits then no need to file return you can prove it by showing the form 16

Total likes : 1 times

I also suggest to check bank account transactions also if there are huge amounts of transactions that might also be the reason for call from department. As it happened with one of our client

Total likes : 1 times

Thanks for your response. Yes,The income was above 5Lakh and non filing of return was due to negligence only. So how to explain this to I Tax authority.Also will he need CA to reprsent him or can he himself send this explanation.If possible. pls share the format of explanation, in case you have it.

Thanks

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU