Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hari krishan   18 July 2021

Income tax for Research Associates

I am P. hd and working as a Research Associate in a Govt Hospital on a ICMR funded project . I am getting consolidated amount of 58280/-( 47000+ 11280 as HRA). I am not getting form 16A from the employer. Do I need to pay tax as there is no TDS. Checked internet but coudnt found any clear guideline or circular. Pls help. 

Appending some circular for reference. 

 2 Replies

Balamurali Unnithan MS

Balamurali Unnithan MS (STUDENT)     18 July 2021

Ji, You are getting salary income /professional fees?

Comes under salary income -You get a standard deduction of Rs.50000 u/s 16.

So you are income below the taxable limit of Rs 500000, So no need to deduct or pay tax if you don't have any other income, Ji.

Sourav (Student)     18 July 2021

No tax should not be paid as it is less than standard deduction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags