Importer registration in india

I am planning to start an import business, would be dealing in Photography related equipment. I read that I need to get an Importer License from the Customs & Excise dept. Is that all or do I need to get any other registrations? What is the cost incurred for Importer License and any other registrations involved?

I looked through the various customs tarrifs but could not find my category of items(mainly tripod & support systems). Can someone tell me what will be the customs duty on these equipments?

Replies (2)

LINK IS:

https://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst-2k11-12/chap-37.pdf

Thanks for sharing the link but I have already seen this. I did not find my sub-category in there which is the reason for posting here.

Also I am looking for info on the regn costs, etc. Kindly share these details with me

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details