Ignou - articleship not a requirement??

 

Dear all,
 
As I was browsing through the ICAI website I came across this announcement which stated that the BCOM would be awarded upon completion of 32 credit course instead of the 96 credit course of IGNOU, completion of IPCE both groups. That announcement also included that to exclude the requirement of Completion of 3 years of articleship of ICAI. 
 
This was a real shocker to me because this announcement was made on September 2011 and I have not noticed any such reference made in any of the IGNOU related sources of information. Kindly advise me in this regard. I am also giving the links which would provide sufficient details of IGNOU.  
  1. https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=729&c_id=129 - an overview of the MOU along with the below links embedded on the page
  2. FAQ - https://220.227.161.86/7547bcom_faq_ignouca.pdf
  3. Prospectus and Programme Guide -  https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=7366
  4. The mystery announcement which made my create this mail -  https://220.227.161.86/23984announ14031.pdf. A copy of the file attached to this post
Thank you
 
Regards
-- 
Bharath Rao B
+919611319421
b.bharath.r @ gmail.com
https://www.bharathrao.googlepages.com
https://bharathspersonalblog.blogspot.com
https://bharathprezscout.blogspot.com
https://bharathraob.wordpress.com

 


Attached File : 672307 1030497 23984announ14031.pdf downloaded: 183 times
Replies (4)

i've read the link given for you. It clearly says that the 3 year period is not required . so once you clear your ipcc you can apply for your degree.

Hey bharath even i found this aa few days back and even i was a knd of astonished looking at it...
I mailed the student support centre of IGNOU (ssc @ ignou.ac.in) asking for a clarification on this matter and waiting for their reply 
as soon as i get their reply i would let u know

(And yeah they do reply)

@ prashanth: Thanks for your quick response. I shall also send an email to the address provided by you. Will let you know as soon as I get any new information in this regard. 

@ Bharath: Thanks a lot for your early response. But I would like to direct you to the latest edition BCOM (A&F) prospectus which was released by IGNOU a few months ago, where they have not yet removed this requirement of skipping articleship. 

DUDE THIS HAS COME LONG BACK I THINK IN 2011 AUGUST.BUT PEOPLE HAVE COME TO KNOW ABT THIS ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO.i am also one of them

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details