CA. A. K. GUPTA (HOD (Accounts Dept))     12 May 2011

CA. A. K. GUPTA
HOD (Accounts Dept) 
 178 likes  1425 points

| My Other Post

ANNOUNCEMENT

Transfer/Termination of Articleship
[Regulation 56(1)]

As informed earlier vide announcement dated 2nd July 2010, ICAI is allowing the articled assistants to seek transfer/termination of articleship only on permissible grounds and the articled assistants are advised to get the consent of the Institute before getting Form 109 signed by the Principal in their own interest.

However, it is noticed that some of the articled assistants are submitting Form 109 signed by the principal along with the application for transfer/termination of articleship. Issuance of Form 109 prior to formal approval of the Institute for transfer will not be taken into record.

It is advised that Principal and articled assistant may forward Form 109 duly signed by both of them only after obtaining the prior permission of the Institute for transfer/termination.

Secretary
May 10, 2011

1 Like

(Guest)

thanks for important sharing

avater

chintan (practising CA)     12 May 2011

chintan
practising CA 
 12 likes  229 points

View Profile | My Other Post

"Hello, is this CA.XYZ?"

"yeah whos this?"

"we are from ICAI article transfer department. One of your article had given request from transfer from your office"

"I had complete faith in you that you would call me to confirm. Thats why I became goody goody in front of my article and said him to go ahead and ask permission from institute."

"what should we do then? we have made permission compulsory from us. we have to give our decision"

"ofcourse reject it and reason should not be against me. afterall ICAI is for the CA,by the CA,of the CA"

(PS:above story is ficitious, just for fun. i have completed my articleship, so i have no issue wid this notification!)

(Guest)

@ Chintan

PERFECT REPLY :). ICAI IS ONLY FOR MEMBERS AND NOT FOR STUDENTS.

avater

bhumika ( CA Final )     12 May 2011

bhumika
CA Final  
 18 likes  276 points

friends plz help....i had given form 109 on 13 apr and still nt received any letter frm d institute..also i hd nt acquired d permission frm d institute before getting it signed.....now wat wud happen...i m very tensed....

bindu kumari (student)     09 July 2012

bindu kumari
student 
 25 points

hello,

I had submitted form109 for termination of articleship on oct 2011 with the reason  that Iam taking transfer from pcc to ipcc. I registered myself in ipcc as well. On feb 2012 I got a letter from ICAI that I did not take prior approval from icai,thus the same cannot be accepted. They instructed me to write aletter to icai for approval and send fresh 109 only after acceptence.I sent the letter with my principal acceptence. Four month have passed and no response yet. I have completed 3 yrs of articleship . What should I do?

please help me............

avater

Parimi Sai Vijaya Krishna (Student)     09 July 2012

Parimi Sai Vijaya Krishna
Student 
 40 points

Approval of ICAI is not required within one year of articles. It is clearly mentioned that ICAI is allowing the articled assistants to seek transfer/termination of articleship only on "permissible grounds". For 1st year of articles there are no restrictions. The "permissible grounds" only apply from 2nd year of articles. So, prior approval of ICAI is not required UNTIL UNLESS you want to transfer after 1st year of your articles is complete.

avater

prudhvimunjuluru (article)     27 August 2012

prudhvimunjuluru
article 
 21 points

One of my friend joined for articles on april 20 but because of exams he took leave for 3 months and now he rejoined articles just one month back now he wants transfer wat should we do can any one suggest the procedure

avater

Rakesh (Auditor)     21 December 2012

Rakesh
Auditor 
 21 points

Is there any prior approval of ICAI is require for first  year article tranning tranfer ????

avater

Ashwin (CA Final)     21 December 2012

Ashwin
CA Final 
 15 likes  242 points

Originally posted by : chintan

"Hello, is this CA.XYZ?"

"yeah whos this?"

"we are from ICAI article transfer department. One of your article had given request from transfer from your office"

"I had complete faith in you that you would call me to confirm. Thats why I became goody goody in front of my article and said him to go ahead and ask permission from institute."

"what should we do then? we have made permission compulsory from us. we have to give our decision"

"ofcourse reject it and reason should not be against me. afterall ICAI is for the CA,by the CA,of the CA"

(PS:above story is ficitious, just for fun. i have completed my articleship, so i have no issue wid this notification!)

awesome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here