Easy Office
LCI Learning

How was the Tax paper???

Page no : 2

prateek (CA Final) (355 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

cn we have the today's tax paper in files section

CA Asmita Waghmare (Chartered Accountant and works a Equity Research Analyst)   (107 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

safety salary nahi hai woh, dat must be staff salary!

capital gain problem seemed confusing! 50,00,000 cost and 35,00,000 sale?????

Ramya (Internal Audit) (59 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

yeah.... even i think it must be staff salary........... never heard of this term before....

priyanka narale (PCC student) (407 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

it is safet salary, its not mistake........... i have read it in some past exam paper............... m sure its safety salary.

Prakash Gopalkrishnan (CA Final) (27 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

nthin called as sfety salary

deepti (article) (60 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

was there any trick in Q 7b service tax?? it looked tooo simple to be true....

CA Nitin Wadhwani (Chartered Accountant) (4469 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

Safety salary is an allowable deduction.

Rohit singh (article) (33 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

well paper was kinda mix some questions were vey easy and some were a bit tricky.there was also some mistake if im not in wrong in that cap gains question.man i think ill clear ist grp i hope i get 40 in this paper then ill clear both

CA Aspirant! (CA Fresher) (112 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

d paper was good.....some of the theory ws unexpectd though....dat regular assessmnt nd all...

dint knw safety salary was to be disallowed :( dat quesn we had2 do lotsss naa...

vat and service tax were okay ...

anu s (student) (39 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

Service Tax & Vat was good. Overall an unexpected paper bcoz of inclusion of Relief , Questions based on Section 143.

Replied 10 June 2009

Originally posted by :Rahul Arora
" overall gud paper as compare to cost & FM. hey but what abt question 3 , the capital gain one.....?? wasn't there printing mistake. it would have been 5,00,000 instead of 50,00,000 - COA "

yes...think its their mistake....coz nobody would sell a property they bought years back at a rate much lower than purchase price, right.....they would hav meant 5,00,000....

anyways i hav taken values as per they gave....so there was a capital loss nd so exemptions of sec 54 nd 54EC need not be claimed....i jus jotted down dat....

Mariya (studying yet) (92 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

Originally posted by :Sneha
" 4me it was bad..  what abt 750000/- income of geeta was it taxable or nt? "

ya it will be treated as business income as it was not his own salary...it was from firm..even i did mistake their....

Replied 10 June 2009

overall i would say, it was far more better than costing - fm !!!

Aditya Jain (Final (New) November 2011)   (763 Points)
Replied 10 June 2009

At the beggining when i saw the paper , i was like sure failed . but then decided to keep my cool and take 1 question at a time .. hopefully will get about 45 but no use .. Costing expectin 35 .. Even if they pull me to 40 i should get 60 in Info tech to pass cuz group 1 was jus fine .. wont get more than 150 there ...

Replied 10 June 2009

Originally posted by :deepti
" was there any trick in Q 7b service tax?? it looked tooo simple to be true.... "

yup me too thought the same....but they hav given naa, dat money ws received in all cases...so no special adjustmnts i hope....jus to see the value of service tax....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: