How to claim returns for unclaimed medical re-imbursements?

Hello,

I have submitted medical bills amounting to 4000/- to my employer in Jan, 2013.  Later some extra medical expenses got incurred during Feb, Mar 2013 (around 6000/-).  I have those bills with me.

I do understanding on this extra amount of 6000/- also, I should get tax exemption (as the max is 15000/-).  But my employer had given tax exemption only for 4000/- as I didn't submit those bills (for 6000/-) at that time.

Now, I am submitting the IT returns.  I believe I can get the returns for the extra tax deducted.  I am filling the ITR excel sheet available in incometaxefiling, but didn't understand where to specify this extra amount for the purpose of returns.

Can you help me understand the procedure to get the tax exemption on the additional medical bills incurred (6000/-)?

Thanks.

Replies (3)

there is not any specific column in excel utility in ITR 1 for mediclaim reimbursement. deduct the whole amount of medial expenses from gross salary to calculate net salary.

Hi Nitin,

Thank you very much for clarifying this. I shall do the same.

Thnx rajkumar ji

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details