Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

House where you stay can be shown as rented

Saurabh Saxena (Software Professional) (24 Points)

22 October 2021  

I have two houses, i.e. house A and house B. I stay in house A and house B is rented. House A has an active home loan. The home loan on house B is paid off. 

I understand on your rented house, the overall interest amount paid on the home loan can be adjusted with income from that rented house. 

As my rented house B does not have an ongoing home loan, therefore I cannot avail the above option. However, I want to understand if it is left to the taxpayer to decide which house to show as rented and which as self-occupied irrespective of where he/she actually stays. If yes, then I may have an option to declare house A on rent and house B as self-occupied, and this way I can take the benefit of adjusting the total interest paid on my house loan against rent income. 

Please let me know if there is an option. As of now, I show house A as self-occupied and house B as rented and I claim a 2 lakh interest waiver on house A. 

Best regards,



 1 Replies

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (107467 Points)
Replied 22 October 2021

Its not show..... as you wish, but decided on the ground reality.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags