Help filling ITR-2, Schedule EI.

Hi Members,

I sold some shares in the FY 2009-2010 which were held for long term (4+ years). Since I already paid STT at the time of selling, I understand that I need not pay tax on the capital gain due to the dealing.

I also understand that the capital gains should be mentioned in Schedule EI of ITR-2. 

My question is on the calculation methodology for capital gain in case STT is paid.

(a) Should I use simple formula i.e Selling price - Cost price OR 

(b) Should I take in to consideration "Indexed Purchase Price" while calculating the same (i.e Selling price - Indexed purchased price). 

Indexed purchased price = Purchase Price * (CPI for current year / CPI for year of purchase)

Regards,

Gaurav

Replies (1)

Capital gain by considering index cost of acquisition.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details