Gst paid wrongly in service tax

Tax practitioner

Hi Experts

One of my Client who is contractor wrongly paid the GST amount in service tax website.(GAR Challan).The challan payment was on AUG 31.

Is there any possibility of getting refund for the amount paid.

Now he have to file GSTR from Jul. 

Apply refund on service tax portal and you will be able to get the refund without any hurdle.

Documents required:

1. Application in prescribed Form –R.

2. Copy of TR-6/ GAR-7/PLA/ copy of return evidencing payment of duty.

3. Copy of invoices (in original)

4. Documents evidencing that duty has not been passed on to the buyer.

5. Any other document in support of the refund claim.

6. Any other document as prescribed by the Central Excise Officer.

Tax practitioner

Thanks a lot.

company registeration

Apply refund on service tax portal and you will be able to get the refund without any hurdle. 

Learned members, Mine is a partnership firm(family members) nature of business is hospitality and facilities. I started doing business from july. Due to clerical mistake,legal name & trade name entered as same in GST registration. i run the business by the name silver inn, it is a lodge/accomadation . Now i applied for amendment in trade name and waiting for the updation. Some people saying in a firm or company,legal name and trade name should be same. In case if my application get rejected, is it legal to issue invoices bearing trade name and underneath legal name with gstin? Eg. Legal name is rex enterprises. Trade name is silver inn. Can i issue invoice using trade and legal name with gst num printed on it? Kindly solve my query.

Learned members, Mine is a partnership firm(family members) nature of business is hospitality and facilities. I started doing business from july. Due to clerical mistake,legal name & trade name entered as same in GST registration. i run the business by the name silver inn, it is a lodge/accomadation . Now i applied for amendment in trade name and waiting for the updation. Some people saying in a firm or company,legal name and trade name should be same. In case if my application get rejected, is it legal to issue invoices bearing trade name and underneath legal name with gstin? Eg. Legal name is rex enterprises. Trade name is silver inn. Can i issue invoice using trade and legal name with gst num printed on it? Kindly solve my query.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU