GST on commission income under the transport sector

I am a transport commission agent. I arrange vehicles from sub-brokers or lorry owners attached to me and supply the vehicles to transporters (GTA). The transporter pays me the freight agreed. I in turn make the payment to the sub-broker or lorry owner against a cut or commission. Let's say I hired a vehicle for 25000/- from a sub-broker / lorry owner and supply to a GTA for 27000/-. The transporter pays me and I pay the sub-broker / Lorry owner. So I earn 2000/- which is my commission income. My query is will the 27000/- amount be considered my turnover or not and whether he is liable to pay GST or not if he registered under GST

Replies (1)
Please check your inbox

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details