Gift property to daughter in law: clubbing of income apply?


31 May 2017  

 An ancestral property at Delhi is being gifted by owner to daughter in law - registration will be done by paying stamp duty on circle value. She may then sell it at a higher value and offset the capital gain by investing in other property. In such a scenario will the amount (income) earned,  by daughter in law, be included in owner's income?  i.e. Will clubbing of income provisions apply for the owner. If yes who and how can we save capital gain.