Form 15ca for nri

Udgam Koomar (Tax Technologist) (1949 Points)

01 October 2018  

A client to gift say 5L cash to  own brother who is an NRI so he can deposit in NRO ac. Gift deed is made. Now he wants to transfer from NRO to NRE ac after converting it. Does such transaction need form 15CA? As this is not an income and its not taxable.Please guide . The gifter is indian brother.