Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seram Baris   07 July 2021

Filing GST as IGST (for Inter-State) though invoice is made as CSGT & SGST by mistake

I provided an B2B invoice with CGST & SGST to my customer (GSTIN of another State) by mistake. I thought it would be same State as I am supplying goods within my State though GSTIN of my customer is another State. I see this mistake when I try to file GSTR1 of the invoice while choosing POS(place of supply).

So my question is:

Is it okay to file the GSTR1  of the invoice as IGST (correct one) though the invoice is incorrect ?

OR, Should I file it as incorrectly and amend in next month? (I am not sure if this is possible).

3 Replies

CA Jitender Yadav

CA Jitender Yadav (Sr. Finance Executive)     07 July 2021

You can cancel your wrong invoice and generate a new invoice with correct information and upload the same in GSTR-1.
Seram Baris

Seram Baris   08 July 2021

Thanks for the reply. So do I need to provide the new invoice to my customer again. Because the invoice is already processed by them.

Imthias ahamed Kormath

Imthias ahamed Kormath   08 July 2021

To communicate the fact them , if it processed by them, payment not confirmed against disputed case,new invoice issued ,payment must b confirm agaist same bu u.Cgst & sgst of dispute invoice ,may deposit in cash ledger in the portel.After six months ,may try to file a refund application on disputed invoice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register