Farmers suicide in india is a serious problem

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)

21 February 2013  

Dear All,

Through this post I would like to raise the issue of Farmer’s suicide in our agriculture oriented country. Considering the fact that agriculture plays an important role in the overall economy of India, the issue of Farmer’s suicide is indeed a black spot on the global image of India.

I would also like to draw your kind attention towards poor living conditions of Indian farmers. This poor living conditions and struggle to survive is forcing farmer’s them to opt for suicide. This is indeed a very sad state of affair for all of us.

It will be a shock for all of us to know that this gloom has become deeper over the past few years and presently more than 20 states are facing this big issue. There is no control on this situation and this problem of suicide is steadily rising suicidal graph.

There is one Government agency titled National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) which collects data for various purposes. According to the report of NCRB in last 16 years i.e. from 1995 to 2010, more than 2,50,000 farmers have committed suicide. Another shocking and political fact is our minister and political leaders have consistently restricts themselves from quoting the figures revealed by NCRB as the same confession from political partiesmay be dangerous to his political goal and career.

According to me we all are mature enough to understand the gift of farmers in our lives and Indian economy and they will always remain important in our lives. It is high time for all of us to take note of this serious problem and sad state of affair and do something constructive whenever provided with a useful chance. Please note this quote "If you haven't woken up yet, now is the time."

The figures above may differ based on different researches but the same is irrelevant as long as we understand the seriousness of this issue. You can get some more info from google.

Thanks

Ankur -- FB