Easy Office
LCI Learning

FAQ on GTA - Goods Transport Agency

Page no : 2

priyankadimri (student) (724 Points)
Replied 26 February 2013

nice...keep sharingg....

Deepak Dargad (Chartered Accountant....)   (9787 Points)
Replied 26 February 2013

Originally posted by : *RENU SINGH *

Bookmarked sir ji

Thanx For Sharing.............yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33511 Points)
Replied 26 February 2013

Originally posted by : gvgr7

QUE. Two consignments worth Rs. 400 each are sent in a carriage of same consignee. Is tax applicable and on what amount?

ANS. Yes, on Rs. 800(practically difficult)

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=240599&offset=1

HELLO GIIII,

In my opinion the above answer is wrong.

Even if all consignments are addressed to a single consignee, since the gross amount charged for all consignments doesn't exceed rs 1500/-, therefore, the same shall be exempt from service tax.

Hi Thanks for feedback

When its in same carriage & 2 consignment.. then total value Rs. 800/- exceeds Rs. 750 limit so taxable, then also you can claim exemption but this would be always disputed bu auditirs..Its like consignment split in to 2 for savin tax liability.

(Guest)

@ VaibhavJ

I got 1 more doubt in that.

All consignment's to different consinee's exceeds rs 1500/- not taxable, unless exceeds rs 750/- in respect of each cosignment will be cosidered.

But for

All cosignment's to single consignee exceeds rs 1500/- will be taxable.(i.e,,,,up to two or more cosignments not exceeds rs 750/- would be benefited for tax for single consignee.)

Plz correct me if iam wrong.

Manoj Agarwal (Service Tax Consultant Rourkela ServiceTaxExpert@yahoo.com)   (3456 Points)
Replied 26 February 2013

Dear Vaibhav JI,

With due respect to you, I would like to bring to your notice that all the notifications mentioned by you are either suppressed or omitted and new notifications has been issued on 20-06-12. The new exemption notification is 25/2012 which exempts transporting of fruits, vegitables, milk, egg, etc and which also exempt small consignments of 750/1500. The new reverse charge notification is 30/2012 w.e.f. 01-07-2012. Kindly update the same.

Regards,

tax2001-it @ yahoo.com

Replied 26 February 2013

Originally posted by : Manoj Agarwal

Dear Vaibhav JI,

With due respect to you, I would like to bring to your notice that all the notifications mentioned by you are either suppressed or omitted and new notifications has been issued on 20-06-12. The new exemption notification is 25/2012 which exempts transporting of fruits, vegitables, milk, egg, etc and which also exempt small consignments of 750/1500. The new reverse charge notification is 30/2012 w.e.f. 01-07-2012. Kindly update the same.

Regards,

tax2001-it @ yahoo.com

Thanks Manoj ji..

Replied 27 February 2013

Ramesha.M (Accountant) (800 Points)
Replied 27 February 2013

Dear sir,

Thanks for sharing nice work

Best regards

Ramesha.m

CA Mehta Ankur N. (Proprietor) (2028 Points)
Replied 07 March 2013

Great effort done by you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: