Exemption under 80DDB

I got a chronic renal failure and got the transplant from a private hospital in 2005. After that every month I have to spend Rs 12000 for the the medicines (life saving drugs taken after the organ transplant).
Can I claim an exemption under 80DDB based on these. If yes, then from where do I need to make a certificate. Thanks.

Replies (7)

Dear Nisha,

hope u stay well..........

Chronic renal Failure is one of the specified disease u/s 80DDB.....

I think Deduction will be available if u submit Form 10-I as a certificate from a Doctor mentioned in Rule 11DD

From a Doctor working in a Government Hospital in the capacity of Nephrologist having a Doctorate of Medicine (D.M.) degree in Nephrology or a Urologist having a Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch.) degree in Urology or any equivalent degree, which is recognised by the Medical Council of India;

Agree with Mr.Amir brother.....

Dear Nisha...

80DDB - Expenditure incurred inrespect of medical treatment of specified diseases(it covers Chronic Renal failure) by resident for himself or wholly/mainly dependent husband/wife/children,parents,brothers and sisters of the assessee or if the resident assessee is a HUF, for any member of the family who is wholly/mainly dependent upon the family....

The assessee submit a certificate in the prescribed form [Form No. 10-I] from a neurologist, an Oncologist, a haematologist, an immunologist or such other specialist as may be prescribed working in a govt. hospital...

Hope u r well.....Take care of ur health....

Thanks for your best wishes and quick reponse.........

Hi,

Could i get a exemption under 80DDB for my mother uterus removal surgery

 

With regards

Deepak

Dear Deepak......

Please follow this link.....

https://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/TaxmannDit/DispCitation/ShowCit.aspx?fn=https://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/DitTaxmann/IncomeTaxActs/2009ITAct/section80DDB.htm

Hope ur mother is good......

I got an open heart surgery of my father from a private hospital in financial year 2010-11 and have spent an amount of Rs.2,10,000/- on that.


Can I claim an exemption under 80DDB based on these. If yes, then from where do I need to make a certificate. Thanks.

Originally posted by : Mukesh Gupta

I got an open heart surgery of my father from a private hospital in financial year 2010-11 and have spent an amount of Rs.2,10,000/- on that.


Can I claim an exemption under 80DDB based on these. If yes, then from where do I need to make a certificate. Thanks.

get in touch with the attending doctor who has operated your father, for form 10 I.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details