Exemption related query

I had exemption in Indirect Taxes(60 marks) in Nov 2018 CA Final exam and availed that exemption. In May 2019, I scored exemption in Advanced Cost Management(67 marks). So my query is can I take the Advanced cost management exemption and forego the Indirect tax exemption as the marks scored in Advanced cost management are more. I have already filed my exam form and claimed exemption in Advanced cost management. Will I be able to claim my Indirect tax exemption even though I have not shown it while filing the form or will the exemption be deemed to be surrendered?(I have not filled the form for surrender of exemption and do not wish to do the same). I am in a mix as I don't know whether I have to study AMA again or join classes for Indirect taxes. Will I be able to make changes in the correction window?

Replies (2)

Existing & ongoing exemption cannot be changed by yourself by Default.. there is a defined procedure for surrender of Exemption & claiming the subsequent.. Pls contact ICAI & also check your eligible exemption well available & displayed on the Examination site in your login... What you have done is an absolutely wrong process & you will not get the AMA exemption the way you have claimed

Thank you Sir for  your reply. Will definitely contact ICAI and clarify the issue.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details