GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh Shand   24 September 2021

Error with 80TTA - category A defect

Dear experts,

I am getting the following category A defect which prevents me to upload the ITR3 return.

Error descripttion: Deduction u/s 80TTA should be restricted to "Savings Interest Income" included in Gross Total Income.
Suggestion: Enter the amount mentioned in "Saving Account Interest Income" included in Gross Total Income in "deduction u/s 80TTA".

While entering the details, I have added savings bank interest in "Income from other sources". The same amount has been added in Schedule VI-A --> Part CA and D --> deduction u/s 80TTA .
Both the amounts exactly match.

On the ITR utility, there's no error during validation. After I proceed towards uploading the return, a fresh validation is run on IT portal during which the aforementioned error occurs preventing me to upload the return.

Your suggestions to handle this error are most welcome.

8 Replies

veerendar singh

veerendar singh (tax consultant)     24 September 2021

Since its certain that you have filled ifos particulars correctly and the same amount appears in deductions schedule, the fault must be with the validation check at portal.

the portal seems to be faulty.

just to sure, you may take the pdf file of the draft version of itr and check the schedules once again
Sreevidhya V

Sreevidhya V   25 September 2021

Check in income from other source sheet if u hv selected savings interest only.. if from fd deposit interest selected in other source schedule then 80tta will not get validated.. jus a suggestion as income auto populated from 26as
Mukesh Shand

Mukesh Shand   26 September 2021

Hello Sreevidhya,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The FD income is not auto-populated in form 26AS.

I tried again after removing income from FDs in the schedule OS, but I still have the same error

CA. Umesh kumar

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com)     26 September 2021

Do you have loss under any head say business? interest income may be set off from that loss, so 80TTA deduction not allowed.

1 Like
Mukesh Shand

Hello Veerendar,

Verified with the download pdf and all figures are good (same as what I entered).

Have written to CPC. 

Hope they have an answer.

Mukesh Shand

Hello Umesh,
Yes, I have loss from business. And yes, income from interest is set off against that loss.

From your response, I believe I need to remove the deduction u/s 80TTA.

Thanks.

CA. Umesh kumar

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com)     26 September 2021

If interest income is set off in full from business  loss then no deduction available under 80TTA/B

Mukesh Shand

Hi Umesh,

Yes, deduction from 80TTA was removed and return could be filed successfully.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register