Error in it filing

I am getting repetitive errors while efiling.

I tried reworking on new form, then several times reentering correct state code, still same error is coming related to line number is 190. It is saying that:

At line number 190: invalid content was found starting with element ITRForm:ScheduleHP. One of {https:///incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/master".statecode} is expected.

Can anybody help to resolve this. Screenshot also attached.

Thanks for the guidance.


Attached File : 2478071 20180710115634 error message while efiling 10072018.jpg downloaded: 109 times
Replies (11)

It states the details/address/pin of the house property declared in 'schedule HP' requires correction...

After the correction validate the sheet/ITR and then submit directly......

I have retyped entire thing, and still same error is coming.

Validation is saying OK, always. It looks strange.

Error is with regards to to ZIP code which is newly introduced this year

But ZIp Code disappears, once you click state code. It is for overseas only.

Well, we too faced similar difficulty with new version of ITR4, it was not getting uploaded yesterday; but I don't know the exact solution my team applied !!.... Finally it was uploaded after about 1 hour's marathon of hit and trials with different options.....

Better complain at hel[line and ask for their solution.

I took the latest ITR2 this year and I am not able to hide Schedule HOUSE PROPERTY. When I mark N in the Home sheet and press apply, I get macro disabled error.

Why is the quality of ITR falling day by day? 

 

I am too getting the same error. Tried n number of times . If you have find the solution please share

Precautionary steps.....

1. Java on the system should be 8_51 version and not latest (i.e. 10 version)

2. Once save draft, exit the utility, and reopen the saved file..... the file gets submitted directly.....

Good Luck ...

After approaching IT help desk, I was advised to check STATECODE in employer details. AUto filled details are not having state code in employer, and after correcting it, I was able to file.

Good Luck.

Thanks, this helped me too.  Error was showing that Master State Code is expected in HP Schedule but actually Employers Pin Code was not there in prefilled XML in the Salary sheet.  Corrected the same and was able to upload, great day :)

Thanks a lot James. Finally able to submit return with your advice. Employer STATECODE was missing in my return too.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details