Error in CIN No on Tax Invoice

Recently the registered office address of our company ( a Pvt Ltd company ) had changed to an address in West Bengal (in Kolkata) from an outside state. The CIN no of the company also changed simultaneously. I have issued a few tax invoices from Tally (which gets generated as an e-invoice) but by mistake I did not update the CIN no, as a result the old CIN no is appearing in the last few tax invoices that I have generated even after the change in CIN. Please let me know what would be the consequences and what should I do now ?  

Replies (6)
Quick Summary
A company accidentally issued several tax invoices with an outdated CIN number after a registered office and CIN change. While some advise it's a minor issue unlikely to be scrutinised, others suggest retrieving the incorrect invoices and reissuing them with the updated CIN if possible. The consensus leans towards it not being a major concern, but correction is the ideal approach.

It's ok sir. Doesn't look like a major concern.

Nobody checks in so much detail.
Change tax invoice number
Please let me know what would be the consequences and what should I do now ?

Yes, I agreed with Mr CA Raj Doshi...


No problem in this matter. So, You can simply leave it.

(If possible then get back the invoices from customer and give changed invoice.)

Ok thank you Sir for your reply. 

Thank you Sir for your response. 

JNo checks are there

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details