Error Details of the practicing professional is not valid. Kindly enter a valid Membership Number.

At the time of form uploading of company incorporation, I am getting error “Details of the practicing professional is not valid. Kindly enter a valid Membership Number / Certificate of Practice Number”.

 

I have raised ticket for this in earlier and that was closed after putting the remarks “For Practicing Cost Accountants no need to put Certificate of Practice Number only need to provide Membership number”.

 

I have tried with the same process but still getting error. I have confirmed from Institute too they have already sent my membership data to MCA. I am not able to file any form on MCA portal due to this error.

 

I have also associated my DSC as a practicing professional. Can anyone help me in this issue. I will be very thankful.

Replies (8)
Quick Summary
Users are encountering an error on the MCA portal stating 'Details of the practicing professional is not valid. Kindly enter a valid Membership Number.' This occurs during company incorporation form uploads. While one suggestion was to only use the membership number and not the Certificate of Practice number, users are still facing the issue. The resolution involves contacting both the Institute and the MCA help desk, raising tickets, and ensuring DSC registration. The MCA IT team updates the member database weekly, and the error should be resolved within 2-3 days after data synchronisation.

Hi Rakesh,

Is this issue resolved ? Even I am facing the same issue.

Regards,

Kapil Shah

Hi Rakesh,

Is this issue resolved ? Even I am facing the same issue.

Regards,

Kapil Shah

Yes It is resolved. You need to contact Institute and MCA.

These type of issues are Technical Issues.

Best way to resolve, immidiate raise of tickets.

Register your DSC with MCA portal thats all......

I am facing the same issue today. How much days did it took to resolve the issue. ?

You need to raise a Ticket with MCA help desk for such error.

Then share such ticket with Institute Membership department's Concern person. Institute concerned person will share your database with MCA IT team. MCA IT team will update the member data base weekly after your data update with MCA master data this error will not show at the filing of any form. Within 2 to 3 Days you may solved this error. It depend on how much are you chasing Institute and MCA concerned person.

Make sure your PAN and other data which is used for making your DSC should be match with Institute records. 

I hope this process / information will be helpful to you.

No need to raise a ticket. Simply update the DSC of practicing professional as a member of the appropriate Institute along with membership number.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details