Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     03 February 2010

E- Filing

i am a chartered accountant and  i want to  efile the IT  return  for  my client  from my office. I do not hold digital signature and i donot  wish to engage an intermediary as it iscostly.

When i want to register & login the website asks  informations of my surname, my fathers  surname etc  which is not available as  we donot use surname in southindia often.

As a result it is not possible to login.

So what is the procedure.?I have also complained to the department about  this.Thanks

5 Replies

Krishan

Krishan (Service)     03 February 2010

Hi Surmane field is compulsory for making User Id for E-filing. Wat u hav to do is just enter the surname that u have given to income tax department while applying for PAN card. if you dont kno what name the income tax department has entered out of your full name in surname filed, then u hav to do a permutation / combination trick. most probably they enter the middle name as surname. Try it...
Krishan

Krishan (Service)     03 February 2010

Originally posted by : K.chandrasekaran

i am a chartered accountant and  i want to  efile the IT  return  for  my client  from my office. I do not hold digital signature and i donot  wish to engage an intermediary as it iscostly.

When i want to register & login the website asks  informations of my surname, my fathers  surname etc  which is not available as  we donot use surname in southindia often.

As a result it is not possible to login.

So what is the procedure.?I have also complained to the department about  this.Thanks

One more thing, if you are filing return of your client then you have to make separate ID for each client, with their informations..

C.Balaji

C.Balaji (Learner)     03 February 2010

Mr.K.Chandrasekaran..

i'm also from South India.... surname is normally the name of the person for eg.my name is C.Balaji...

surname is Balaji....

so you try it out like this ...another way  please check your clients pan details where he would have given the surname - middle name and last name......

not a big problem....

samasundar

samasundar (Accounting & Compliance)     05 February 2010

Hello,

if you want to know the PAN registration details please go to E-Payment of Income Tax, enter the PAN then this will show the filled challan note down the details which you want

CA. ANKUR

CA. ANKUR (ASST. MANAGER ACCOUNTS)     05 February 2010

Dear  K.chandrasekaran

I think yo have to just enter the detalis mentioned on you PAN card as it is on the E-filing portal.

To confirm you name as to how it is as per IT records you can go to Incometaxindia.gov.in & click on Know you PAN & fill in details ther you will get the  Name, Pan card No. Ward of IT return all details.

& still there is problem

You can go to e-filing help center at you nearest Income Tax Dept.,You  tell them the PAN Card No. rest all details they will provide like DOB & Name etc.

Bcos the e-filing helpcenter have authorization to veiw all detail on the bais of PAN card No.

In case you need my help in creating the same send you PAN card copy to me on

ankur.patel @ fioraservices.com i will take care of the rest & will make sure you get login to the system.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register