Easy Office
LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 8

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 03 August 2017

Hello Friends,

( Interest issue which was less than 10k so i took it under 80TTA )

Should I agree and then go ahead with the revised return without showing Interest earned from the bank.

Please advise. Thanks.

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

Hi Guys,

Did anyone talk to CPC either yesterday or today regarding 143(1)(a) notice  ? Could you please share the respons.

Did any one replied to them ? I have raised one grevance request. They replied that there are some errors/discrepancies in the return,I need to revise the same..Not sure what to do as while on call with CPC they are telling us to hold until further notice received but now they are asking me to respond to notice..

Your views pls..

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

I too raised a grievance which they closed with a meaningless reply.

Kartik M. Modi (Accounts Assistant) (29 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

Same is case with me. Response given by Dy.CIT is meaningless they are simply copying the reply making us aware about what is sec 143(1)(a)...(which we are already aware) and further tellin us to contact e-filing helpdesk.. upon contacting e-filing helpdesk...where they themselves are confused about the department stand on 143(1)(a) communication.... E-filing executive said that they have escalated the matter to IT Dept. On 1st aug 2017 they got update from IT Dept that tell assessee to hold and not give response to e-processing...than again on 2nd aug 2017 e-filing executive got update from IT Dept that tell assessee to give oine response...upon asking how to give respnse for the column captioned "head of income / schedule that is reported in return" allows only numerical fig....they themselve were not able to answer...god knows what IT dept is upto...they are not even coming with some official notification or guidelines....assessee are unnecessarily harrased...just to curb few tax evaded person IT DEPT is harrasing a genuine assesse unnecessarily.. Finally What i got from e-filing executive is that hold for some more time... IT DEPT is coming with updates every now and then...even the executive was frustrated with IT Dept...
1 Like

Kartik M. Modi (Accounts Assistant) (29 Points)
Replied 04 August 2017

Working shown in communication is also very confusing...at one instance they are telling that they are comparing figures of return with form 16/16A/26AS....but how come they are adding my interest income soon in return only.... Intrest income is added in figure mentioned under Form16 column....means they are adding my intrest income again....adding intrest double time.....very very frustrated with this action....

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 05 August 2017

Hello All,

Please advise, Should I go for the revise ITR and exclude the interest earned from the saving bank account which is in total less than 10k. then There will be no difference between form-16/26AS and ITR.

Please advise. I am calling daily to income tax and I am getting mix response from them, No one has any idea what to do. Please advise.

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

Just now i spoke to them now., They are asking me to submit response in the portal..I ask them that it is asking TAN , which TAN no i need to mention.She said we need mention our employer TAN..Since employer TAN is already available in the portal why do they want again ? They are not sure what to advise..Gone mad

Renny Abraham (Software Engineer) (22 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

I am facing the issue with the 80TTA deduction. Called up customer care a couple of times and each time, their response is different:

Response 1 - Just add the Bank TAN no and add your remarks.
Response 2 - Add employer TAN and add your remarks.

Response 3 - Call 180042500025 and they will guide you on how to fill. Tried calling up this number and it has been congested for days now.

So far I haven't had any of them tell me that IT will send out a revised intimation. I'm thinking I should just fill in the employer TAN and other fields and submit. They will probably only consider the info we provide in the Remarks field.

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

I have a mismatch of 10000 in taxable income due to the 80TTA issue. I finally decided to disagree with TAN of employer. But not sure what to write in following fields:

Deduction made under section: 80TTA

Amount paid/credited by deductor: ???

Nature of receipt as per the deductor: ???

Income/Gross Receipt as per return: ???

Head of Income/Schedule under which reported in the return: ???

Any idea ?

Thanks.

2 Like

Pushpreet (Asosciate) (59 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

Anyone got any reply from the Income Tax department on what to do? They were supposed ro send a updated communication.

neeraj gupta (1138 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

My take on this: Your decision to disagree is correct. For TAN details you can either write not applicable in case no TDS was to be deducted. Or you can provide TAN details of your Savings Bank account. 

However with all my experince of dealing with IT officers, I can assure you guys one thing. If you are correct in your calculation you don't even need to blink. Avoid any apprehension and stress on your part, because it is not going to help. Answer to them whatever you could understand and in case their language is not clear ask them what information they seek. 

My suggestions for the fields:

Amount paid/credited by deductor: Savings Interest you have received

Nature of receipt as per the deductor: Revenue/Income 

Income/Gross Receipt as per return: Savings Interest you have received

Head of Income/Schedule under which reported in the return: Income from Other Sources.

Manoj (NA) (6 Points)
Replied 07 August 2017

I have accepted the adjustments (who has time to bang heads with them) and submitted in the system.

My query is, is it mandatory to file a revised return in case I have accepted everything or its optional?

Their response was like below:

Dear XXX, 

Your response to adjustments u/s 143(1)(a) has been submitted successfully and the Transaction ID is 000000000. 

Your return will be processed considering your response subject to the provisions of section 143(1)(a). 

In case if you have opted to file revised return, please upload the revised return within 15 days. 

Note: For defect free return preparation, please use departmental utilities available in e-Filing website (
https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).

This is a system generated e-mail and please do not reply. Add 
donotreply @ incometaxindia.gov.in to your white list / safe sender list. Else, your mailbox filter or ISP (Internet Service Provider) may stop you from receiving e-mails. 

Regards,
e-Filing Team, 
Income Tax Department

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 08 August 2017

Still no updates from CPC, still same response, wait for communication.

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 08 August 2017

As per Form 16 issued by my employer:

INCOME CHARGEABLE UNDER THE HEAD "SALARIES" : 1,234,567
Deduction under 80C: 150,000
Total Taxable income: (1234567 - 150000) = 1,084,567
---------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have income from interest on savings bank accounts: 12,000

Hence in ITR1, I filed as below:

Income from Salary: 1,234,567
Income from Other Sources: 12,000
Gross Total Income: (1,234,567 + 12,000) = 1,246,567
Deduction under 80C: 150,000
Deduction under 80TTA: 10,000
Total Deduction: 160,000
Taxable Total Income: (1,246,567 - 160,000) = 1,086,567

Now, I have received a communication with mismatch of 10,000 in my total taxable income (only one row).

Income as per Return: 1,086,567
Income as per Form: 1,096,567
Proposed addition of income: 10,000

I decided to disagree with following answers:

TAN: TAN of employer
Amount paid/credited by deductor: 12,000 
Nature of receipt as per the deductor: Other Income 
Income/Gross Receipt as per return: 2,000 
Head of Income/Schedule under which reported in the return: Other Income
Reason: Deduction claimed in return but not in form 16
Remarks: Rs 10,000 deduction claimed under 80TTA.
Attachment: Manually created excel file with breakup of Rs 12,000 interest credited by date and bank account.

- Is it correct ?

Thanks.

Shibin K A (8 Points)
Replied 08 August 2017

A usefull video on this.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUxoKZucfVAhUIqo8KHbMRBHwQtwIIJzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DT2Bqgvbf6ds&usg=AFQjCNHo4WDcutdiDHvebznjyHWj_btYnA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro