Easy Office
LCI Learning

Audit date extended

Page no : 2

Maruthi (Tds Returns Preparer) (207 Points)
Replied 22 August 2014

Yes, the due date to file the ITR Upload is to be clarified yet. Because, the Audit Report Filing Date should be mentioned in the ITR.

So, Assessees can have the time to upload the audit report upto Nov, 30,2014 (asseessee has the option to file Audit Report on any day upto Nov,30,2014) then how can the assessee mention the audit report date before two months (i.e., Sept,30) in ITR.

This is the TECHNICAL PROBLEM.

Regards

Anish Shah (Job) (27 Points)
Replied 22 August 2014

Date For Filing of Return is 30th September But as The Date For Filing Audit Report Has Been Extended Filing Of Return Can Be Done After Due Date Just By Paying Interest Under Section 234 This is What I Understand About the Notification

sathianarayanan.t (chartered accountant) (267 Points)
Replied 23 August 2014

Yes, Mr. Anish, what you have said is correct.  You can pay interest and file after 30.9.2014.  What about the loss returns?  If you file it after the due date, you can not carry over the business loss.  So, it is not the correct way to interprate.  The date of uploading of audit report has to be mandatorily reported in the ITR, without that, the IT return will not be accepted by the e-filing portal.

Some friends have stated that this is a technical problem but it is not.  Last year also the same thing happened.  The court had to direct the CBDT to extend the due date for filing of the ITR.  The people in finance ministry who signed the  notification has been wrongly directed I think so.  Hope for the interference by the court this year also.

CA. Anantha Kumar N (CA) (21 Points)
Replied 25 August 2014

ICAI should seek proper clarification from CBDT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: