CRN expired - Should I make payment again?

I delayed linking my Aadhaar and PAN and had to end up paying the Challan for 1000/- Now, I got the below message. Does this mean I need to make the payment again to generate a new CRN and pay tax for it? I need to find out the amount of tax to pay, though. I did not get any notification when I paid for Challan (or did I miss it?) . I expect that will be included in the payment amount.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

 

" Dear Abc Transaction of Rs. 1000 against CRN **** is expired. e-Filing, Income Tax Department. Today I received this msg from the income tax department. What is meant by this SMS? I filed my return paid late fees of Rs.1000, Return verified."

Replies (6)
Quick Summary
If you've received a message stating your CRN has expired after paying a late fee for linking your Aadhaar and PAN, don't panic. If the linkage was successful and your return was verified, the message can likely be ignored. Check your bank statement to confirm the initial payment was processed. If you still cannot link your accounts, you may need to generate a new CRN and make the payment again via the 'pay now' link.

No need to worry about the message, if the CRN is utilized.

Thanks for the response. I am sorry, what is meant by 'utilized' and 'return verified'? I made the Chalan payment for linking my PAN and Aadhaar. After making the payment (on 3 April), I could link them. I see that the link is still active. Does it mean I can ignore this message now?

Yes, ignore it now, when the linkage is completed..                       

The transaction might have been failed. Check your bank statement to see if there was a debit.

I delayed linking my Aadhaar and PAN and CRN got expired now what should I do?

Now Not able to link aadhar and PAN, if I need to create new CRN that is also not possible please let me know what should I do for linking both.

Creation of new CRN is possible. Pay the amount through 'pay now' link.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details