Sriganesh (CA - IPCC CMA Final) 06 November 2012
I am going to appear in June-2013 CWA Final Group III. I have some questions regarding it.
1. I haven't registered for the final yet, I am getting mixed suggestions from whoever I ask whether I should opt for the Old course or New Course. Can anyone help me regarding chosing from Old and New course? The pros and Cons and finally which is better.
2. Please suggest me Coaching centers for CWA Final in Delhi? I am finding it difficult to find a good institute for CWA Final, there are so many "top faculties" for CA and CS but I am not able to find anyone of such kind for CWA. Either they mix batch with CA or CS and the remaining portion we should study ourselves.
Since it is final level so I don't mind if it is costly or something. I just wan't to join coaching where there are no problems like teacher not upto mark, course completion not on time, etc.
Also coaching for the new course if I go for it.
Aditi Kaur (Practising CA) 07 November 2012
CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/
john_laphadi (Accounts-Executive) 07 November 2012
- 1st ask & get confirmed from the Inst't whether any option is available to switch of syllabus from 2008 to 2012
- What is the procedure of it, any extra fees need to be paid for that.. And get all legal procedure to be followed up...
Pros & Cons of Syllabi 2008 & 2012.
Since this syllabus is old now then you can easily refer past papers, scanners, suggested, notes, guidance from teachers, exam pattern, etc...
Since these syllabi will be new then u have to do on your own ....until any teacher comes forward & help the students...
Syllabi 2012 according to me is very good from knowledge perspective
1. As they had made separate Law paper for 100 marks. Students will read Corporate laws & governance in details which must be studied according to current scenario (In 2008 Syallbi Corp. law paper is ask for 40 marks …so mostly students goes for optional topic & unable to grasp knowledge in Companies act provision & other allied acts. )
2. Advanced Financial Management - Focuses is on Current mkt. trend like detailed knowledge in Portfolio management, Forex, Commodity Trading, Derivative Market, etc... (In 2008 Syllabi - we have to study basic portion with advanced level altogether whereas in 2012 syllabi they split basic portion in Inter Syllabi & Advanced portion in Final level.. )
3. Business strategy & Strategic Cost Mananment – Not Analysised in detailed thus No Opinion..!!
4. Tax Management & Practice – According to me...No major difference found in this subject in 2008 & 2012 syllabi. (as whole provision need to be studied whether it is D.T , I.D.T , Wealth Tax , Foreign Tax)
5. Strategic Performance Management - Not Analysised in detailed thus No Opinion..!!
6. Corporate Financial Reporting – mostly Accounting Standards has been shifted to Inter Level...Whereas in Syllabi 2012 more focus is on …Business Combination, Consolidated Financial statements, Govt. Accounting & most most imp. Accounting Standards has been kept for final level like Financial Instrument, etc...(In 2008 Syllabi they ask whole AS , Amalgamation , Holding , Valuation , Corp. Restructuring , EVA , Human Resources , & other Accounting which is too much for 100 marks & in paper some topics ask on alternative basis ..thus students goes by optional …which is not at all good approach for professional Level).
7. Cost & Management Audit - Along with Audit ....inserted Case Studies on performance analysis for 40 marks is good approach to develop & think beyond the provision …
8. Financial Analysis & Business Valuation - must be studied in detailed …thus Inst’t promoted & included in Advanced Studies course too...
As Time Travels ….A Professional Should always be equipped one-self by updating from time to time...If he/she’s not then they will be outdated…& there is no use of Expiry items…as you know…WE in the Industry is here to Serve the Corporate , Public & Economy at large ..Thus decide by yourself which Syllabi you want to choose...
Coaching for CMA at final Level …is difficult Reason
1. Few Subjects have been merged into one Syllabi(like Capital mkt & corporate law , DT & IDT , IPCC level FM & Advanced Level FM , Financial Reporting as a whole , Cost Audit & Managment Audit) … mostly No Teachers is ready to teach as a paper..
But Scenario has been started shifting for CMA Coaching ,,,in past there is no separate coaching inst’t for CMA at any level…but now Separate Coaching Ins’t has been established providing coaching mostly up to the inter level..& for Final Level …CA Teachers started taking Coaching of Particular subject with CA students as seriously & completing full course as per Syllabus prescribed by the Inst’t...
Given below is the list of Good Teachers (According to me)...I am no here to promote any teacher...
1. Cap. Mkt & F.M – Nagendra Shah (I.T.O), Ashish Kalra, Rajesh Makkar, etc.
2. Strategic Management – Contact Rajesh Kumar at Rankers Academy(Laxminagar) or Sanyal Professional Academy(Laxminagar)
3. Corp. Law & Governance - Sanyal Professional Academy(Laxminagar)
4. D.T – Vinod Gupta Classes, etc.
5. I.D.T – Deepak Gupta, Manoj Batra, etc.
6. E.P.M – Sanjay Aggarwal, etc.
7. F.R – Ranjay Sir, Etc.
8. Cost Audit – Vikrant Rathore at Rankers Academy (Laxminagar), etc.
Some of the Above Teachers teach with CA Students...but still they cover full syllabus of CMA...
This is my analysis regarding to your Query...it may be deviate from actual...so use your brain & take wise decision…
Hope U Found Relevant Info. From this !!!