Closing LLP which are non operational since its inception

Hello, I have a LLP which was incorporated in October 2019. After incorporation covid hit on February and I was not able to operate it anymore. Till that time I had not done any business. I also don't have any bank account associated with it. GST filing is nil return up to December 2020 and applied for closure for the same.

Now I have consulted with some one and he told me that for proceeding with closing of LLP a hefty fine will be levied. But as far I have heard as per MCA amendment May 2017 it is possible to close it without filing any overdue return. is it possible?

Kindly suggest me a better way to proceed. I am in no position to pay those hefty fines for the business which I have not commenced. Financially I am stretched in covid. I want to just close this smoothly without bearing hefty penalties.

Please suggest and guide me something. It is bothering me

 

Thanks in advance.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses the challenge of closing a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) that has been non-operational since its incorporation in 2019 due to unforeseen circumstances like the COVID-19 pandemic. The user has not conducted any business, opened a bank account, or filed any compliance returns, though they have filed nil GST returns. They are seeking advice on how to close the LLP smoothly and avoid significant fines, referencing a potential MCA amendment from May 2017 that might allow closure without filing overdue returns. The user is financially strained and wishes to close the entity without incurring hefty penalties.

Forgot to mention that I have not file any compliance since it's corporation

You can close without complying with earlier year filings.Ping us on csdiveshgoyal @ gmail.com.

we can help you in this.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details