Chapter VI Deduction 80C:

Lic payment due is in March.. but I paid April .. when I should I eligible to Deduction..is payment basis or accrual basis ?
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies eligibility for Section 80C deductions concerning LIC payments made after the financial year-end. Even if your LIC payment was due in March but paid in April, you can still claim the deduction for the relevant Assessment Year (AY). The extended deadline of June 30th is also discussed, confirming that investments made by this date are eligible for AY 2021-22 deductions.

Eligible for in the month of March
govt already extend time line up to 30 th June
Sir,I already exhausted VI Deductions( AY 2020-21). I want to invest before April 6 or before June 30 shall I eligible to take Deduction for AY 2021-22..
Yes...
You can avail the deduction in AY 2021-22. No more problems...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details