Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur (CA Final Student)     27 August 2015

CA degree is seriously devalued

I am a CA Final student who has been, for a long time, looking for a good job having cleared CA-Intermediate. I thought me being a CA-Inter would place in a better place then a B.Com graduate, but alas it is not.

I am also seeing the current job market and even for clerical posts PSU's/Companies are asking for CA/CS/CWA pass-out even though the pay scale and nature of work is not up to the mark.

And even if you are qualified, you are rejected because you may not have cleared CA in the first or second attempt as desired by the company, which is absolutely rubbish! 

I think all this shows that our degree is not being treated with same respect as with other professions which are much more easier to pass then CA.

Not long ago, being a CA-Inter was good enough to get a managerial position in lot many companies on a good pay-scale, but now with MBA being the "it" degree and a herd mentality has allowed this degradation of our esteemed degree.

Why should a person having given 4-6 years of his life , or more, on attaining such a tough degree and 3 years of rigourous training settle for a clerical position or be rejected just because he has taken 1 more attempt then the next person?

I am planning to contact the regional council of ICAI and talk to them about the pathetic market position a CA student/[ass=out finds himself today.

39 Replies

sivaram

sivaram (Asst Mgr-Taxation)     27 August 2015

This is absolutely true job market is so pathetic  and Inter qualified candiate even with experience is not considered for better placement in senior most cadre in Managerial levels  and in my view CA as a profession is losing its sheen 

yuvaraj

yuvaraj (INTERNAL AUDITOR IN SCM GARMENTS (P) LTD)     27 August 2015

Now a day's ca going to value less .. i complete ca ipcc and doing ca final ..and now I working one company accounts department in that accounts manger is just b.com get salary more then me and most important if I just assistance in that b.com person .... what is the use for complete ca ipcc .. waste in my life 5 year doing ca ......
madhukar dodrajka

madhukar dodrajka (service)     27 August 2015

Degrees alone wont work Need to have calibre Learn a lot in existing job Do works even if not assigned to you Once you have knowledge you will get your due
 CA Parul Saxena

CA Parul Saxena (CA)     27 August 2015

most of the persons who even dont have enough knowledge are recruited by reference....no use of doing ca if want to succeed must have reference only

2 Like

Member (CA Job)     27 August 2015

Agreed. Reference is must.

I have completed CA but because of no reference, i got into one pvt limited company . Salary is very less just 5 Lacs PA.

Please advise

Should i search for new job or stick to this company.

2 Like
Yogesh

Yogesh (Business)     27 August 2015

Why such negative sentiments? In almost every field today jobs are less compared to educated people.So this is bound to happen. Havent you looked in Engineering sector? Same story there even in IITs . What you can do is gain good and varied experience by working in a midsize company and then try for a bigger company with fatter pay and opportunity. At start of job you are bound to compete with Bcom grads who with their experience are better off in that company and that time , but in long run you are definately at advantage and are not going to follow them .Just have patience smiley

swati

swati (Unemployed)     27 August 2015

That's true. Forget jobs . The same is true in case of CA in practice . Their knowledge is not respected in social circles either. This is very demotivating factor when we study hard around 12 to 18 hrs to just get 50 % and still fail. After attempts when we are happy with our fruits of hardwork, one small sting pinches "which attempt ? Good Good my neighbour cleared in 1st attempt and my son's friend also cleared in 1st attempt" how demotivating for the student who clears after 2 - 3 years !!!! That peron
1 Like
swati

swati (Unemployed)     27 August 2015

That student would regret passing CA
Ashu

Ashu (Service)     27 August 2015

Means if sum1cant utilize their 2nd or 3rs attempt.. Then they should give up..
Sachin D Hinge

Sachin D Hinge (MANAGER)     27 August 2015

The root cause for the same is increased pass out % which has left knowledgeable CAs no where. I am shocked to see that B Com guys are getting scores of 85% to 90% which was not the case until 2000.
Atharva Joshi

Atharva Joshi (pursuing)     27 August 2015

Obviously the reasons for the course loosing the sheen is cz of the checking. The institute uses a herd passing and failing mentality which will obviously hurt them. The job situation is the reflection of knowledge of the mass CA populace and nothing else

nadeem alam

nadeem alam (manager)     27 August 2015

Dear friend all either student or memder or icai need to be very smart like in USA and UK CPA and CA doing but we should not just behave as qualified personnel rather do react as business guru and our pridiction should be right as astrologer doing well nowadays in the world CA nadeem alam
Rajeev saxena

Rajeev saxena (service)     27 August 2015

This is abslutely true that C A (Inter) passed has not any worth more than B.Com in the industry sector and the situation become worse when C A (inter) passed with more than 20 years have no jobs in the market. I have known many C A Inter passed aged in between  40-50 years doing petty jobs of part time accountants with a low earning and have a view that they have spoiled their life by taking admission in C A . 

More over, the same situation lies with Qualified C A . They are doing jobs with practising Chartered Accountants with Salary of Rs 20 K to 25 K. 

Now, ICAI should immediate take action in easy entrance like ban entry to science /Art students and Entrance for All.

Situation has become worse but ICAI has not taking any pain to do any action. it is members oriented institutes. President,/ Vice president should visit industriies to see semi Qualified's Situation. C A situation has also worsen that All C A want to come Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, or developed cities.

Time has come that C A has become accountants as per company law.

Sorry thankless profession now a days

1 Like

(Guest)

The ENTRY should be HARDER

and EXIT should be EASY,

BUT, ICAI want revenue, they bring student in the stream and then they play.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register