Billable and Non billable expense booking

Asha Vaishnava (Manager - Finance & Accounts)     27 May 2020

Asha Vaishnava
Manager - Finance & Accounts 
 1 likes  189 points

| My Other Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please advise on this.

our's is IT sector and we have few consultant on bench. So, the employees whose are on bench but technical engineers. salary expenses comes under billable or non billable for that particular month ?

avater

yasaswi gomes   27 May 2020

yasaswi gomes

78 likes  1434 points

View Profile | My Other Post

@ Asha

It is a critical situation. You will have to pay for it. But, those kind of employees are ill treated by the company for eating their money. Then, they slowly make them redundant. That is why, becoming an expert at a young age is a bad thing. Hence, need to know work culture is prevalent. Instead, they can put them into research work which is value added to the firm  during the period the company doesn’t have projects. Or else change them to a different process. 

Asha Vaishnava
 1 likes  189 points

But, my question is not about why they are paid.. but want to know how billable and Non billable salaries can be broken for technical engineers even if they are on bench.. do they fall under head billable or non billable. i need this information for adding in report which will be shared with management

avater

yasaswi gomes   27 May 2020

yasaswi gomes

78 likes  1434 points

I have checked the Employee benefits standard and no mention of billable and non billable. However, it is company policy to contribute towards employee benefits when they are on payrolls. So, considering this, your reporting salaries and it should be classified to give true and fair picture to your management or investors. Under normal circumstances, report employees in two lines, billable regular employees and non billable benched employees. You will do this because the client is anyways not paying for them and you are paying for them. Non billable are your own payables. 

You are actually correct in the first instance.

Asha Vaishnava
 1 likes  189 points

Ok thank you for clarifying

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register