I reside in Bangalore. However, only one of the Big 4 in Bangalore (i.e E&Y) take Articles for Direct Taxes.... I am very much interested in DT and since no Big 4 except E&Y here take articles for DT, is it possible that I can do 2 years of Statutory Audit in the Big 4's and then last 1 year of articleship go for Industrial Training in the D.Tax department of the same Big 4? Is it possible.... The thing is even if I wish i cannot opt to apply in EY since the distance of EY Office Bangalore from my place of residence is very far....
E n y is NOT THE only firm to hire articles in DT .....
KPMG also hires ...........First you should apply and prepare for the interview bcoz its not easy to get into DT in big 4 as vacancy is usually LOW in DT deptt.
Distance should not be the reason for not opting.
I also travel daily to far off places as m also in a big 4 but in stat audit :(
Guest
Posted on 18 July 2011
Hi Harsh,
The thing is atleast in Statutory Audit you get this facility of hiring cabs just in case it gets very late.. But in Tax such facility is not provided... But hey is it possible to do 2 years Audit and then Industrial Training in Tax?