ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Articleship completion query

Kapil Talwar (Student CA Final ) (24 Points)

15 January 2015  

Hello everybody,

I am a Final CA student (CPT- IPCC route). My articleship started in September, 2011. Three years got completed on September, 2014. However, since I had taken excess leave, I still had to serve a few months under my Principal, even after September, 2014 (basically, Extension). Now, in January, 2015 I have finished serving this extension period and the office has bid me goodbye. 

I wish to know- what forms am I supposed to fill so that my articleship becomes complete on paper, in all respects. Please note that I did not fill any 'completion' form in September, 2014 (when 3 years got completed on paper); nor did I fill any extension form. I know that I haven't followed the correct procedure so far, but I am willing to pay any interest/ penalty which the ICAI may impose, for the delay in form-filling.

Please guide me with regard to the forms and procedure. My serving period is completed (as per the office records) and the Principal will therefore sign the forms that I place before him.

Lastly, please note that in my Final CA exam form for Nov 2014, I ticked the option, "For candidates who are presently in service, serving the last six months of training as on 1st Nov, 2014 and due to complete 3 years of training (including excess leave, if any) on or before 31st April, 2015."

Thanking You,

Kapil Talwar

1 Replies

CA Mayank Tulsyan (B.Com(H), ACA) (274 Points)
Replied 15 January 2015

I think u just need to fill form 108 and the period of articleship will also include the period from Sept2014 to Jan2015.

Do mention your actual period of leaves in the form108. Leaves allowed as per ICAI is 156 days. Any excess will be an extension.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register