Articleship completion query

Kapil Talwar (Student CA Final ) (24 Points)

15 January 2015  

Hello everybody,

I am a Final CA student (CPT- IPCC route). My articleship started in September, 2011. Three years got completed on September, 2014. However, since I had taken excess leave, I still had to serve a few months under my Principal, even after September, 2014 (basically, Extension). Now, in January, 2015 I have finished serving this extension period and the office has bid me goodbye. 

I wish to know- what forms am I supposed to fill so that my articleship becomes complete on paper, in all respects. Please note that I did not fill any 'completion' form in September, 2014 (when 3 years got completed on paper); nor did I fill any extension form. I know that I haven't followed the correct procedure so far, but I am willing to pay any interest/ penalty which the ICAI may impose, for the delay in form-filling.

Please guide me with regard to the forms and procedure. My serving period is completed (as per the office records) and the Principal will therefore sign the forms that I place before him.

Lastly, please note that in my Final CA exam form for Nov 2014, I ticked the option, "For candidates who are presently in service, serving the last six months of training as on 1st Nov, 2014 and due to complete 3 years of training (including excess leave, if any) on or before 31st April, 2015."

Thanking You,

Kapil Talwar