Arrears from 2012-13 including hra

Hi

I have two colums in Assemenent year 2013-14 - Form 16. I am govt servant salary account holder.

1. Arrears from HRA Paid - duration 2011-12 

2. Arrears pervious FY .

As last form 16 did not showed HRA except and this year its is not been calculated as HRA. Can I under any head get exemption of these two arrears?

-Raj

Replies (3)

Arrears of rent are not exempted under the income tax act, they are taxable subject to deduction of 30%

Raj : What I understand is you have received arrear HRA in Fy 12-13. It is taxable subject to section 10(13A) exemption but you may claim relief under section 89.

Ashish : Raj's query is on salary taxability - HRA being a component therein not on house property income.

Thanks,

Hi

Thanks for the reply , Ill rephrase my question.

I have received HRA arrears in my current form 16. This is HRA ( 100% tax exempted) of Dec 2011 , credit in this Financial year May 2012. If this was given to me in last financial year , I would have got 100% tax rebate. However, since it credited to me in this financial year , its considered as salary componet  . I dont know about rules but as central govt employee , if the govt doesnot give me house it gives me HRA and which is 100% tax exempted.

About deduction under 89 , I was reading this https://taxexpert13.blogspot.in/2011/10/relief-under-section-89-of-indian.html. It sounds complicated to me.

I just want to know , approximately how much I would save if the HRA arrears is aroung 11K and the Taxable salary is around 10L (last year)

-Raj

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details