Allowance for credit losses (aggregate) vs adjustments

Hi Friends,

I am beginner to a/c. I was exploring the items in IFRS chart-of-accounts and I have doubt in the following. Help me understand for journal entry.

Asset >>>  Financial Asset >>>> Allowance For Credit Losses (Aggregate)  (1.4.5) Cr

vs

Asset >>>> Receivables >>> Adjustments (1.8.4) Cr

For example , 

Assume, Customer was billed for Rs.10000 and so far in 7 months he has paid Rs.7000 and

now , I foresee for that balance from customer Rs,3000 planned for next 3 months equally will not be paid (but I wait for every month end with hope he pays )

If it is not every month end for my  a/c closing, 

Q1) Where should I post my entry in 1.4.5 or 1.8.4 ?

Q2) Please explain if there are differences with this case or with others

Q3) should i wait for such adjustment only at fin-year end  .

Regards

SK

Replies (1)

Dear experts,

Clarify on this pls.

regards

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details