Easy Office

Advice on gold purchase

Page no : 2

Amrita vyas (chartered accountant) (2600 Points)
Replied 19 April 2013

I HAVE D SAME DOUBT YAAR...THNX SURAJ........UR QUERY IS BENIFICAL FOR US...smiley

SAHIL JAIN (CA FINAL) (23 Points)
Replied 19 April 2013

Hi suraj...

wel gold prices shapes on basis of sentiments of Investors in US and on how dollar is shaping...at present large investors are of opinion tht US economy is out of rough weather and is improving hence ppl thr are expecting dollar to improve & get strong...so thy are investing in dollar by pulling out of gold....

Now coming to gold which is quoted per troy ounce which is roughly 31g...and to calculate gold price in India we need to multiply gold’s international rate with dollar rate in India and divide it by 3 for 10g gold...

Ex:

Gold price in Dollars/troy ounce = 1400 (present rate)

Dollar Rupee Rate = 54 (today, present rate)

Gold price in India/ 10 grams =1400*54/3 = Rs 25,200

and today gold was around Rs 24700...instead of 25,200..wht it should be as per derivation above but yes...its high possibility that gold in international market would fall to level of $1100 per ounce...in tht scenario gold in India per 10g would vary in between 19000 - 20000 provided dollar remain at current level of Rs 54 for $1 if rupee gets stronger, pulling dollar down thn expect more fall prices of gold.

My Opinion: stay away from purchase of gold and keep track of international rate of gold and purchase when it reaches around $1100 per ounce

Disclaimer: i hve no investment in gold and thse r my personal opinion....

Thanks

Sahil Jain

Juuhhii Agarwal (El Tiburón lindo......) (1159 Points)
Replied 20 April 2013

Right now all the big players (JP MORGAN, GOLDMAN SACHS) are manipulating the market...............

Due to this bulk selling has started & gold is yet to hit its all time low..............

I would suggest to wait out as Bear is reigning the market...............

Shubham Agarwal (Article Assistant) (135 Points)
Replied 20 April 2013

no you shoould not purchase the gold at this time targer Rs. 20,000/- approx

(Guest)

When prices were up people said Gold will reach 50K and Silver 100K and now the same people say its bear market............. Same thing about stock also........ it just dependent on investors estimate.

Since the prediction of Gold reaching 50K and Silver reaching 100K never happened there is not guarantee on the downfall as well.........

Use your own judgment.......

Anuj Mehta (Assistant) (221 Points)
Replied 20 April 2013

I beleive you should buy gold at these levels.. gold prices have fallen mainly due to the derrivative segment.

If u actually wanna buy gold coin.. the traders are selling it at premium than spot price. (A true chracteristic of Long term asset) N you also hear some traders are stock out and there is a waiting period for a day or two..

Consumers should definitly buy at these rates.. however investors cld wait

indiactwo (B.Com) (38 Points)
Replied 25 April 2013

Yes this is right time to invest your money in gold as the prices are decrease for short term of period. Investment is benificial if we invest money in the right product.

Mutual Fund Quiz

Ramalingam K (Founder & Director - Holistic Investment Planners (P) Limited)   (21077 Points)
Replied 30 April 2014

Stock Market has lead to tendency of many to go in for much safer investments that gives a reasonable return. https://holisticinvestment.in/gold-etf Regards Ramalingam K, MBA, CFP, Director and Chief Financial Planner, Holistic Investment Planners “Best Performing Financial Advisor Award” Winners from CNBC TV18 www.holisticinvestment.in

Ramalingam K (Founder & Director - Holistic Investment Planners (P) Limited)   (21077 Points)
Replied 30 April 2014

Stock Market has lead to tendency of many to go in for much safer investments that gives a reasonable return. 

https://holisticinvestment.in/gold-etf

Regards

Ramalingam K, MBA, CFP,

Director and Chief Financial Planner,

Holistic Investment Planners

“Best Performing Financial Advisor Award” Winners from CNBC TV18

www.holisticinvestment.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :