Adjustment of excess tds paid

Shekhar Jha (Manager- Internal Audit)   (24 Points)

25 August 2011  

I have made some excess TDS payment in FY 2010-11 under section 194C i.e TDS on Contractors. If I found that for the same FY i.e 2010-11 I there is some short payment of TDS u/s 194H i.e TDS on Commission. Kindly let me know can the same be adjusted or I will have to pay TDS u/s 194H alongwith Interest