Accounting bills

Vinod Babu (24191 Points)

16 May 2018  
My client is a work contractor since 26 year. He migrated from vat to Gst. He received provisional Gstin number. He purchased all the materials in provisional Gstin number. Now the problem is that, his provisional Gstin number got cancelled. Till jan18 he could not file any returns in gst. Now he took a new gst registration from feb18. In feb 18 he received amount of Rs 2800000 in bank towards the government work contractor.
Now my question is that can he account the purchase bill received in provisional Gstin number in new gst registration and claim input tax.
Please provide me a solution.