Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vandana Mulchandani (Finance Manager )     02 December 2011

10 steps to success

10 Steps To Success

1. Self-Belief:
Success is begins in the mind. One has to be a believer, first, if one wishes to be an achiever. Never under-estimate yourself. You have no idea how often can you surprise yourself. So to begin with, let's get in the belief, "I Can."

2. Clarity of Vision:
There is no point running around without knowing where one wants to reach. you must get your job cut out. Greatest achievers in the world have been visionaries. Know exactly what you are best at and give it your best shot.

3. Setting the Right Goals:
The goals should be realistic .The goals should be achievable ,and yet challenging enough - neither too easy nor too difficult -something in the middle.

4. Be focused:
If the sun's rays are focused on a piece of paper with a lens, the intensity of the concentrated energy burns the paper. Focus on your objective will enhance the intensity of the effects of your efforts.

5. No Short Cuts to Success:
There are no short cuts to success. Divide your overall goals into smaller targets. Divide your monthly plans into weekly and weekly plans into daily plans and see how simple can things be.

6. Take Risks:
Without any risk no progress is possible. Life comes to a stable standstill. People who take chances are the people who get ahead in life. The only way to reduce risk is to take risks.

7. Take the Initiative:

People who take the initiative make the most of their lives. Proactive people do not wait for success to happen; rather they make it happen. As they say, 'JUST DO IT'.

8. Never Hesitate to Struggle:
No one has ever climbed a mountain just by looking at it. Struggle, hard struggle, is a key to success.

9. Own Responsibility:
Failure to hit the bull's eye is never the fault of the target. People, who own complete responsibility of their lives, are the people who make the most of it.

10. Never Give Up:
Many people who failed in life, where those who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Success demands extra-ordinary amount of perseverance. Never, never, give up.

5 Replies

CA Raha Sk

CA Raha Sk (Professional)     02 December 2011

Originally posted by : Vandana Mulchandani

6. Take Risks:

Without any risk no progress is possible. Life comes to a stable standstill. People who take chances are the people who get ahead in life. The only way to reduce risk is to take risks.

10. Never Give Up:

Good one...keep sharingsmiley

Sanket

Sanket (!..Live to Give..!)     02 December 2011

1. Assess The Situation

Whatever the challenge you’re walking into, you’ve got to define the parameters:

• What’s at stake?
  • Who is involved?
  • When do we need to do this?
  • Where are we doing it?
  • How are we going to get there?
  • Why do we need to do this?

2. Define Success

You can’t win if you don’t know what it means to win. This seems elementary, but I’ve made this mistake plenty of times in my own life. Clearly define your objectives and the specific outcome that you are working towards.

If you don’t know where you’re going, how can you expect to get there?

Conscience Check: It’s very easy to define success in terms that involve you taking something away from someone else. I highly recommend you would always seek Godly wisdom and create solutions that involve honest mutual benefit.

Create win-win scenarios as opposed to win-lose situations. They’re better for everybody.

3. Develop a Plan

Draw the road map to your successful outcome. Maybe you’re going to a sales presentation and you’ve got 5 points that you need to present in order to put yourself in the best possible position to make this particular sale. Take the time to plan out that presentation in order to hit your 5 points.

That may be an oversimplification, but it makes sense. The inexperienced person will tend to rush in with some loosely formed objectives and no concrete plan. Don’t be that guy (or girl.)

4. Get Your Mind Right

So you’ve defined what success looks like in the given situation. Now it’s time to envision that success. Say your affirmations and get geared up for action. This is where the accusations and self-doubt set in. You’ve got to fight that negativity.

In my life, this looks like prayer. That said, God is not a big vending machine in the sky. Prayer means seeking His will and walking in it. This always ends with honestly-served clients, educated customers, and His definition of success, not mine which beats mine all day long.

5. Execute with Confidence

If you’ve done the previous steps, this one’s going to be a no brainer. You’re walking in with a clear idea of what you need to happen and the context in which its going to happen. You’ve seen the successful outcome in your mind’s eye. All that’s left is to make it happen.

I promise, it is that simple. Don’t make it more complicated than it has to be.

1 Like
RG - A Helping Hand

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary)     02 December 2011

All the points are very much valid. Without vision and courage it is very difficult to achieve success. Self confidence is another element of a true human being.

Thanks for the post dear…it is crisp, it is simple and to the point.

RG

Pallav Singhania

Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)     02 December 2011

EVERY POINT IS JUSTIFIED DI...

"SETTING THE RIGHT GOALS...AND NEVER GIVE UP....

SUCCESS WILL BE YOURS"

deepali sharma

deepali sharma (ca final)     02 December 2011

Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags