About the Book
This GST book extensively covers in-depth analyses of CGST, SGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Laws along with the Rules, Notifications, Circulars and Clarifications issued thereunder and comprehensively discusses all the key GST provisions along with challenges and way forward suggestions, in commentary as well as tabular/pictorial formats with multiple practical case studies and examples. This book provides an insight to the readers for ensuring proper understanding as Good and Simple tax and can be used by professionals, corporates, regulators, govt. authorities, etc., for easy and immediate reference.
Highlights of Volume I
Detailed commentary on various domains of GST (law & provisions) viz. supply of goods or services - intra-state and inter-state, principles of place of supply & time of supply, taxable person, reverse charge, exports and imports, job work, TDS, TCS, appeals and revision, demand and recovery, search & seizure, arrests, offences, penalties, etc., with practical case studies and illustrations & FAQs for conceptual clarity
- Discussion on all updated provisions and rules along with various notifications, circulars, clarifications, etc. as on date including all the latest notifications/circulars issued and decisions of GST Council meeting(s) held in October 2020
- Analytical discussion on all important advance rulings & GST judgments and their likely effect on businesses along with suggesting key precautions
- Discussion on settled legal jurisprudence of pre-GST era holding importance in GST regime
- Effective takeaways and action plan for smooth sailing in GST with suggestions
Highlights of Volume II
Detailed discussion and tabular presentation of all procedural requirements viz. registration, payment, invoice, GST returns, refund under GST, e-way bill, transitional provisions, along with relevant forms & their due dates with practical case studies, illustrations & FAQs for conceptual clarity
- How to file Annual Return (Form GSTR-9) and Self certified Reconciliation statement (Form GSTR-9C) as per revised formats as on date with key guidance and precautions required
- Discussion and guidance for implementation of ‘e-invoicing’ and ‘QR code’
- Discussion on ‘Way forward GST return system – Sequential filing of GST Return’ where GST credit is dependent upon tax compliant suppliers and Introduction of Credit rating system of taxpayers
Highlights of Volume III
- Complete Guide and Manual for GST Rates of Goods and Services updated as on date including all the latest notifications, circulars, press release, etc.
- Complete Guide and Manual for Exemptions of Goods and services updated as on date including all the latest notifications, circulars, press release, etc.
- UMultiple Case Studies and Legal Jurisprudence on Classification and Exemption of Goods and Services and it’s corresponding GST Rates and Exemptions
- Updated GST Rates Notifications for Goods and Services (as on date)
- Updated GST Exemption Notifications for Goods and Services (as on date)
Highlights of Volume IV
Constitution (101st Amendment) Act, 2016
- Updated CGST, IGST, UTGST and Compensation Cess Acts, 2017 as amended vide the Finance Act, 2022 [Updated as on date]
- Updated CGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Rules, 2017 [Updated as on date]
- Updated Gist of all Notifications – Tariff and Non-Tariff, Circulars, Orders, and Press Releases [Updated as on date]
- Index of all GST Forms along with their utility under GST
- Index of all GST Council Meetings
Scratch the Coupon Code given in the Book to download the following
Complete Updated Notifications – Tariff and Non-Tariff as on date
- Complete Updated Circulars and Orders as on date
- Complete Press Releases as on date
- All Forms along with their utility under GST
- Includes all the latest notifications/circulars issued in October 2020
- Screenshots of Modified GST Return Procedures
- Available functionalities for taxpayers on the GST Portal (updated as on date)
Key Features of the Book
Detailed commentary on CGST, SGST, IGST, UTGST and GST Compensation Cess Laws along with the Rules made thereunder to encapsulate the provisions for easy digest
- Discussion on various domains – viz. supply of goods or services intra-state and inter-state, principles of place of supply & time of supply, taxable person, GST ITC, reverse charge, exports and imports, job work, GST rates, TDS, TCS, e-way bill, transitional provisions, appeals and revision, demand and recovery, search & seizure, arrests, offences, penalties, etc.
- In-depth analyses of meaning and scope of term ‘supply’, principles of ‘time & place of supply’ with multiple case studies and likely issues with way forward suggestions Analyses and discussion on seam less flow of input tax credit in GST with multiple examples
- Case studies on various aspects of ‘valuation’ – transaction value, related party transactions, stock transfers, cross charge, etc.
- Analyses of Exports, Imports and supplies to or by SEZ units/developers in GST along with documentation required vis-a-vis refund mechanism
- DFlowcharts on various rules & procedural aspects of GST-registration, payment, invoice, returns and refund along with guidance & implementation of ‘e-invoicing’ and ‘QR Code’
- Analyses of various provisions for assessment & audit, demands & recovery and offences & penalties, search, seizure, arrests along with procedural flowcharts for appeals & revision and advance ruling
- How to file Annual Return (Form GSTR-9) and Self Certified Reconciliation statement (Form GSTR 9C) as per revised formats and key guidance and precautions required
- All updated provisions and rules along with topic wise bifurcation of all departmental clarifications, CBIC FAQs as updated, press releases, circulars, orders, e-fliers, etc. as on date
Author's Name: Bimal Jain
Title of Book: GST Law and Commentary with Analysis and Procedures
Edition of Book: May 2022
Bimal Jain, He is a Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India since May 1994 and Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India since December 2006 along with a Bachelor’s degree in Law
He has more than 24 years of experience in Indirect Taxation and specializes in all aspects of Service Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT)/ Central Sales Tax (CST), Central Excise, Customs, Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Export Oriented Unit (EOU), Export-Import Laws and well acquainted with the concept and impact of Goods and Services tax (GST).
He has blend of Industry and Consulting experience in renowned Companies viz. LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd, Honda Motorcycle Scooters India Pvt. Ltd, Hindustan Development Corporation Ltd, Khaitan & Company and presently he is the Executive Director of A2Z Taxcorp LLP – a boutique Indirect Tax firm.
He has hands-on experience in providing opinion & advisory services, carrying out diagnostic review of business operations, process review, structuring of business model, undertaking litigation services at all appropriate forum including High Court, CESTAT, representation before the TRU/ CBEC/ DGFT, etc. for various matters concerning to trade, industry and commerce
He is also a writer of 5 editions of GST book.
Mentor of Indirect Tax Committee of PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Corporate Advisory Committee of IPEM Group of Institutions
- Member of Indirect Tax Committee of ASSOCHAM/ FICCI
- Special invitee of Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI
- Member of eminent faculties in Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI/ ICSI/ ICMA
Awards & Recognitions:
Keynote Speaker at Guinness World Record made by ICSI in “Largest Taxation Lesson” on GST, attended by 4500+ Participants, breaking the earlier record of Japan
- Business Leader Award from Amity School, Noida
- Best Speaker Award from NIRC- ICAI/ ICWAI
- Young Achievers Award at Igniting Minds, 2015
- Best Participant Award in MSOP- 117th Batch by ICSI.
If you have any further query feel free to call us at 011-411-70713.