Share on Email

Share More

Yoga Services: Tax exemption and GST confusion

Akv (nothing)     07 March 2021

Akv
nothing 
 36 points

| My Other Post

I am a Yoga teacher and during lockdown started Yoga courses Online. Total collection from Yoga courses and other sources is almost crossed 40 lakhs. 

I wanted to know are yoga services taxable or totally exempted?

Is GST required for it? If yes, what is maximum turnover? 

IIt would be great if any other suggestions I can get for my situation. 

Thanks

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     07 March 2021

Sourav
Student 
 564 likes  9293 points

View Profile | My Other Post
Yoga classes are exempt from gst
Akv

Akv (nothing)     08 March 2021

Akv
nothing 
 36 points

Regardless of total collection? I. Am totally confused as somebody said that its gonna come under service head where max turnover is 20 lacs. 

Akv

Akv (nothing)     08 March 2021

Akv
nothing 
 36 points

Regardless of total collection? I. Am totally confused as somebody said that its gonna come under service head where max turnover is 20 lacs. 

Yugandhar

Yugandhar (CA)     08 March 2021

Yugandhar
CA 
 8 likes  93 points

Please refer to the notification 

https://gstcouncil.gov.in/sites/default/files/rate-dynamic/Notification12-CGST_1.pdf

You will be exempted if 

i. You are registered u/s12AA of The Income Tax Act, 1961 and providing Yoga as a charitable activity

ii. Services by way of health care services by a clinical establishment, an authorized medical practitioner, or para-medics

“health care services” means any service by way of diagnosis or treatment or care for illness, injury, deformity, abnormality, or pregnancy in any recognized system of medicines in India and includes services by way of transportation of the patient to and from a clinical establishment, but does not include hair transplant or cosmetic or plastic surgery, except when undertaken to restore or to reconstruct anatomy or functions of body affected due to congenital defects, developmental abnormalities, injury or trauma;

"any recognized system of medicines in India" includes Allopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani, Homeopathy, Yoga, Naturopathy.

You must be a qualified and approved practitioner to claim this exemption.

If you are covered in any one of the above two options mentioned above, you can claim exemption irrespective of your total collections. You can read, understand, and conclude after reading the notification and relevant provisions. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Trending Tags