Urgent! late filing of tds by deductor and mismatch in form 26as

Hello! I have an urgent query that needs to be clarified at the earliest. I had been receiving couple of payments under professional income FY18-19 (as a freelance tuition teacher) from a company (teaching kid of owner of company and payments were made via NEFT and I had to raise personal invoices once every month or two for the same). The strange thing was that the TDS never got deducted and the officials now decided to file that TDS over income of INR 48,000 (TDS=4800) and adjust in this month's fees.

The TDS of 4800 got filed for FY18-19 a week ago and I am afraid that the entry isn't showing in Form 26AS as I have usually noticed that it takes about 3 months to update. Now with deadline almost approaching (31st July), I am almost ready with my preparation of ITR but have been just waiting for form 26AS to show the entry in order to claim the refund.

Please guide me what to do in this case. I cannot afford to lose that TDS because of the deductor's carelessness of filing TDS late.
 

Regards

Rythem

Replies (5)

Not three month. If the TDS deducted for FY 2018-19 it will reflect in a weeks time after TDS return rectification.

So, check it now, or otherwise based on information from deductor, file ITR and claim TDS by manually filling the details in TDS2 column.

Thanks for your reply sir. Sorry I made an error by writing FY19 but it is FY18 that is last year as you guessed.

I have been checking my form 26as everyday but just worried about claiming that TDS since it might reflect after 31st July but I need to submit the ITR before that. Wouldn't manually filling the details lead to scrutiny as there would be mismatch from 26AS??

Not at all.... It will match when TDS will reflect in form 26AS.

Thank you, I'll go by your words,

dear sir if he manually tds filed then after if deductor court file tds upto due date of ITR. or. life time then what to do. plz reply asap

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details