Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Tds u/s195a diff aspect comments required

Ankit (C.A.-Student)     14 March 2013

Ankit
C.A.-Student 
 22 likes  675 points

| My Other Post

Under  section 195A tds is payable net of tax where tds is borne by payer, normally it applies to transaction involving non residents, but in present case it is related with resident individual

An assessee has an contract with HR consultant for a consideration (say 50,000) and tds is borne by assessee.

1) I want to ask, TDS has been deducted and deposited, does assessee has to file return of TDS  showing this transaction and later giving benefit to consultant or just by depositing the tax it fulfill all obligation & no further action required??

2) Tds deposited is an expense and it has to be shown in Profit and loss account and during filing ITR it has to add back/disallowed this expense.

On 1) i want a reply/correct answer,   and on

2) let me know if my opinion is correct and if wrong please correct me

Thanks

avater

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn)     14 March 2013

CA Suraj Lakhotia
IndigoLearn 
 449 likes  4884 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Assuming total payments to be made to consultant is 50,000/- (net of tds), then the gross amount to be credited to the consultant and debited to expenses would be 55,555.55/- From the amount so credited, you will deduct TDS @ 10% and pay the balance 50,000/- to the consultant.

Dr  Consultancy Charges ...... 55,555.55/-

Cr. Consultant......50,000/-

Cr. TDS Payable. 5,555.55/-

Return would be filed.

avater

Ankit
C.A.-Student 
 22 likes  675 points

Sir

I know the Tax amount , i am just asking how to file tds return as tds is borne by me and by filing return it will benefit to consultant

or we can say in these kind of transactions the receiver here the consultant get the benefit / tax credit of tds

Also whether i have to file u/s194J or u/s195A is aaceptable under the tds return

As this is my first experience, i dont about the technicalities/practicle aspect.

avater

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn)     14 March 2013

CA Suraj Lakhotia
IndigoLearn 
 449 likes  4884 points

Since the arrangement is such that your payment is net of TDS, it would benefit the consultant. 

194J would be the relevant section

avater

Ankit
C.A.-Student 
 22 likes  675 points

if consultant would benefit from tds, then assessee/payer has to book the expense @ 55555.55/- or just 50000/- in his books of accounts ????? Please clarify

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »