Tds u/s 195

Deepak Tapse (Accounts Manager - Taxation)   (1770 Points)

16 May 2013  

W.e.f. 01/04/2013 TDS is applicable on Royalty payment made to foreign company by Indian Concern is 25%, as per DTAA TDS rate is 15%. My questtion is while filing e-TDS return there is no option to mention whether TDS deducted as per IT or DTAA. Is their any liability will arise if we deduct TDS rate as per DTAA i.e. 15% instead of 25% as per IT.