TDS on service tax

Please tell me.....Why should we deduct TDS on Service Tax...????

I don't understand the concept of deducting TDS on Service Tax..

Replies (4)

Friend, I am afraid that is the law. Only in case of rent, there is no TDS on service tax component.

 

There are many things in life which we dislike but we need to balance, maintain and carry on and on.....

 

regards,

Yes. I agree with Mr majumdar's answer. I would like to add that If the organisation doesn't take input Service Tax Credit and therefore does not account it separately then the Rate at which Tax is deducted at source can be correlated easily with the total payment to the service provider and rate of TDS prescribed.. For simplification and for avoiding confusion it is like that except for 194I. 

Originally posted by : Shamik Singha
Yes. I agree with Mr majumdar's answer. I would like to add that If the organisation doesn't take input Service Tax Credit and therefore does not account it separately then the Rate at which Tax is deducted at source can be correlated easily with the total payment to the service provider and rate of TDS prescribed.. For simplification and for avoiding confusion it is like that except for 194I. 

agreed                                       

I agreed with all of you. I think  the reason for exclusion of service tax portion from rent is  that in this case no service is rendered by person while in all other cases some element of human being is involved.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details